Friday, August 12, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday #6 AND Cry for Help!


Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

This weeks features are Jake @ Teen Fiction Centre and Steph @ StephLikesBooks and the question is:

How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?


I’ve always love reading.  My mom says that I read entire books by myself when I was in Kindergarten, so I started at an early age.  I moved from the age-appropriate reads of my elementary school years, to required reading, to choosing my own reading material.  In my late teens and early twenties I started reading romance and some mystery/thrillers (when I had time, you know how it is when you’re in college.)  I read anything from Harlequin romance to Julie Garwood, Lavyrle Spenser, Catherine Coulter and more.  I guess I rediscovered YA when the first Harry Potter movie was about to come out, I think the first four books were already published by then and I read them back-to-back.  Since then I have concentrated mostly in YA literature.  Within the genre like contemporary, historical, fantasy, paranormal, and dystopian (I’ll give anything a try as long is not preachy or horror.)  And of course I can read a lot faster now and in Spanish and English.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I am taking advantage of the Feature and Follow Friday traffic to make an announcement and a cry for help:
I start classes for a graduate certificate in a few weeks and for the next year I will not have as much time to read to leisure.  I expect that I will be lucky if I can read one book a week, therefore I need HELP.  If you are interested in being a reviewer (even if you can do it periodically) or guest blogger at ‘Reading with ABC please leave me a comment here with your email and I will contact you.  Thank you so much!




6 comments:

  1. Doesn't it seem like you read more YA books now than you did when you were a teen? That's how it is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here! Happy Friday! I find that I am also concentrating more on YA books these days, although I'm not sure why since I generally like all kinds of books, heh!

    My #FF: http://skyink.net/?p=2635

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely read more YA now than I did as a teen - but then, there's a lot more of it being published now, so I think that's a big part of it.

    Thanks for the FF visit! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Good luck with grad school! What is the certificate for?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really read YA as a teen. I remember a few books, but mostly I read fantasy.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...