Friday, September 2, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday #9


Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read
 
This week's features are Lisa @ Lisa Loves Literature and Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue and the questions is:
 
If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?
 
For the most part I take books as they are don't try to play the game of 'what if'.  Of course there are some books that I wish had a different ending, but overall I learn to accept them as they are. 
 
I know I will see this answer in a lot of blogs, but I didn't like some things about Mockingjay (the conclusion of the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins).  **Spoiler Here** I don't wish for anything extraordinary, but two things:  that Prim didn't had to die, after all that is why Katniss went to the games in the first place; and that Katniss would have been seen like the hero she was instead of the exile she became. **End Spoiler**
 
Another book that I would have changed the ending of is Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (the conclusion of the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy).  To me it was kind of a cliffhanger.  I really don't like spoilers, so I'll just say that I was left wanting to Know and not Guess.
 
What books would you change the ending of?
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I hear ya about the Hunger Games, Prim so did not have to die and she deserved the presidency, not a kick out! New follower here. My hop: http://readerbenji.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-my-book-blog-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this is the second time I've seen someone pick Forever. Makes me a little nervous because I'm going to start that one this weekend. I think I'll need to go in with low expectations (since I haven't read why people are picking it this week!)
    I actually loved Mockingjay, but I was expecting it to be super sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Mockingjay, but I wanted to see a more in depth ending such as what happened to Gale. I don't think that such a good friend would just leave. I haven't read Forever yet, but I thought the first two books in the series were just okay. Feel free to check out my FF here. New follower!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool thoughts. I haven't read Forever yet, just the 1st book in the series. :)

    Nice blog! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I seem to be one of the few who really liked the ending of Forever. Funny b/c I usually don't like open endings.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower!
    Hope you will stop by and check out my new multi-author blog 'The Writers Voice' with myself, Kristie Cook, Jamie Magee, Kim Richardson, Keary Taylor, Victoria Simcox, Jessica Sorensen, Brenda Pandos, Samantha Young, Jayde Scott, Megg Jensen, Danyelle Leafty and guest authors!

    The Writers Voice
    "Where you get to know the people behind the pages."


    If you suggest your favorite author in the comments we will see if we can contact them for an interview, guest post or other exclusive content!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://ourbooksourvoice.blogspot.com/
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit the end of Forever wasn't what I thought it would be. Was a little more open than i hoped.

    Good picks. thanks for visiting my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two books I've seen a lot of lately! I haven't read either of them though, so I won't read your entire post. Sorry you felt the need to change the ending of them. :/

    Have a great weekend! I'm a new follower! :D My FF can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I agree with you - it was so unnecessary for Prim to die and for Katniss to not be a hero. There was a lot I didn't like about the Mockingjay ending.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower. I agree with Mockingjay, and I didn't think about it, but I agree with you on Forever as well. I want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choices. I'm usually content with what's written, but I can understand why you feel the way you do about these.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...