Monday, September 19, 2011

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross (Steampunk Chronicles #0.5)

Title: The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
Published: May 1st, 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Source: eBook (free for my Kindle)
Grade rate: A

Finley Jayne knows she's not 'normal'. Normal girls don't lose time, or have something inside them that makes them capable of remarkably violent things. Her behavior has already cost her one job, so when she's offered the lofty position of companion to Phoebe, a debutante recently engaged to Lord Vincent, she accepts, despite having no experience. Lord Vincent is a man of science with his automatons and inventions, but Finley is suspicious of his motives where Phoebe is concerned. She will do anything to protect her new friend, but what she discovers is even more monstrous than anything she could have imagined…

My review
I “purchased” The Strange Case of Finley Jayne as soon as I finished reading The Girl in the Steel Corset (see my review here) because I loved it (and just like chocolate, I wanted more!)  This is a short prequel that finds Finley between jobs when she starts struggling with the “darker” part of herself.   We get to see a little bit more of her mother and stepfather and the interactions between them. 
Finley’s new job is full of excitement and a bit of mystery that she quickly unravels, acting like the heroine that she is deep down.  A definite must for Ms. Cross’s fans!



No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...