Friday, January 27, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday

 
Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read
 
 
This week's features are Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out and Thy, Tori and Linda @ Fiction Fervor and the questions is:
 

Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

 

 I usually avoid horror books (and movies for that matter) at all costs.  I am not ashamed to say that I have never watch any Halloween,  Friday 13, Chucky movie, and I like to keep it that way!

I have read a bit of science fiction and fantasy, but they are not my favorite genres,  I guess it depends on the book.  This is likely my fault as I fear my brain is not wired to easily understand some made-up worlds (although I do love dystopian.)

 

How about you? What is the genre you avoid? Please leave me a comment and a link to your FF!
 
Enter my 300 Follower Giveaway  here!
 
Enter the Young Adult Giveaway Hop here!

7 comments:

  1. Haha yes i hate horror movies and books as well! I am such a scaredy cat, but i just LOVE dystopians as well!!
    New follower! Follow friday: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/01/feature-follow-friday-1.html

    Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have offically came to the conclusion, no-one likes Horror, this has to be the 5th blog I've visited where Horror is the answer. Though I do have to agree, and to make you feel better I have never seen a Horror film!
    New Follower :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    Haha I'm such a chicken, so I haven't seen those movies either! :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by - happy to return the visit and the follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay another scaredy-cat! No offense, of course. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through, I'm with you on the horror! I do read Stephen King (though I found out the hard way I can't at midnight - nightmares for days after that!), but anything else I just can't take.

    New GFC follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a couple of really great YA gateway books to get me into science fiction. I used to *hate* it and only read contemporary, but I read Ender's Game and something just snapped in my head. Now sci-fi is my genre of choice (and apocalyptic fic being one of my favorite subgenres).

    For me horror has to have a really good plot and not just be able to scares.

    Thanks for stopping by WFTM!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...