Monday, January 16, 2012

Top Ten Books I’d Recommend to Someone Who Doesn’t Read YA

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
 
 
I hope that some of you at least have read young adult books.  It is almost all I read now, with the occasional adult romance or adult paranormal book.  I have included a little of everything in my Top Ten.  Enjoy!


1.  The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins – If you’d never read YA, you should at least try the first book in the series (you won’t be able to stop though!) If you like dystopian, this is the book for you!

2.  The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen – To be honest, probably any of Ms. Dessen’s books will do (this is my favorite).  She writes contemporary romance / self-discovery books that are wonderful.

3.  Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater – Shiver, Linger, and Forever are a magnificent read.  Maggie’s writing is so lyrical that it’s almost like reading poetry.

4.  Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa – I love this series: The Iron King, the Iron Daughter, the Iron Queen and The Iron Knight will be forever one of my favorite series.  (I promise to love Ash forever too!)  If you like fairies, romance and adventure, these are for you.

5.  Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – Have you seen the movies?  If you liked the movies you have to give these books a try, they are awesome!

6.  The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer – I love these books and the movies (other than the first one) are great too, of course books are always better than movies.  Vampires, werewolves, and true love, it’s a good combination!

7.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - A true jewel of contemporary novels, this is an incredible romance.  PLEASE give it a try! 

8.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – This is my favorite read of last year.  If you like fantasy, look not more than between the covers of this novel.  It is an amazing read.
 
9.  Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry – this is the first book of the Benny Imura series and it is a combination of dystopian and true horror.  If you like books about zombies and a bit of horror and gore, try this series.  Mr. Maberry’s writing is truly amazing.
 
10. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan – This series is about Greek mythology and adventure.  It is a great read for both boys and girls 10 and up! (If you saw the movie, please disregard, as it was definitely not like the books.)

I could keep going on and on: The Vampire Academy series, the Body Finder Series, The Sky is Everywhere, Unearthly, Angelfire, Paranormalcy, The Mortal Instruments series, and many more truly amazing books.


Enter my 300 Follower Giveaway  here!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with harry potter :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most of my list - especially Anna... and The Iron Fey.

    I thought about writing a YA list, but mine ended up being Fantasy!

    Tara @ Hey, Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! The Iron Fey series ended up on my list too, and I still need to read so many of the books on your list!

    Hollie @ Music, Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, Hunger Games!

    I've seen a few of these, and you have one of the more thoughtful and description lists. Thanks for that! It really helps your readers decide on the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if with the Hunger Games movie, we will have more readers. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...