Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday


Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

This week's features are Alisa @ Books are My Reality and Michelle @ Concise Book Reviews by Michelle this week's question is:

Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

Is this a trick question?  Well, as you might know I was born and raised in Puerto Rico where both English and Spanish classes are required from first to twelve grade, therefore I had required reading in both languages.  

Spanish: María by Jorge Isaac - I'm not sure if this book has ever been translated, but it is quite tragic.  I also enjoyed reading a lot of poetry from Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer and Pablo Neruda

English: Love Story by Erich Segal - Another tragedy (see a trend here?) I also loved Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story, and Jane Eyre.

What are your favorite books that were required?

Remember to enter my Follower Appreciation Giveaway – Here 

Pushing the Limits Giveaway - Here


3 comments:

  1. As a teacher, I especially love seeing all the different books required for reading. The only one of those I had in high school was Romeo & Juliet.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tragedies, huh?
    Tragedies make me cry... wheres the fun in that?

    I like happy endings! Haha

    Great choices though!

    I am a new follower!

    Please come follow me back
    -Theresa
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, seeing as I selected Where the Red Fern Grows, I'm totally there with you :-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    old follower.
    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...