Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore (Lorien Legacies Trilogy #2)


Title: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Published: August 23rd, 2011 by Harper Collins
Source: Library
Format: Hardcover
Challenge(s):
Grade rate: A

I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.

My Review

Amazing!  I loved I Am Number Four and The Power of Six was even better!  This was an action packed sequel full of unexpected twists and turns.

The Power of Six is contains two simultaneous stories narrated from John (Number Four) and Marina’s (Number Seven) point of view.  We meet John and Six in the previous book and now we get to know them better.  John, Six, Sam, and Berny Kosar are all on the run from the Mogs and from the federal government, which is really hard to do, although it is pretty exciting.  I am really thrilled about Six and her awesome powers, she seems to be really well trained and she knows what she’s doing and helps John a lot.  At the end of the book John rescues Number Nine, which also seems to be very well developed  powers and it’s one of the oldest Lorians so far.

Marina is in Spain where she has been for many years waiting for her legacies to develop, but being denied training by her Cépan.  Marina is not an easy character to identified with and her life is much less exciting than Johns and Six’s, and her narration is full of her daily life chores and frustrations.  Marina is very scared of everything and her fear is of the paralyzing kind (this is not a good thing when Mogs are tracking you with the intent of killing you!).  Ella was a surprised addition to the story, and I liked her immediately.

All these kids have gone through so much and so much more is expected of them.  They have a pretty heavy load and a big sense of responsibility to humanity, to Lorien, and to each other.

The Power of Six is action packed, well developed, it has an amazing plot and is masterfully written.  I hope that a movie is made based on the book, because it will be incredible!  The ending is a cliffhanger if I ever saw one, and I cannot wait for The Rise of Nine, due to be published in August 21st of this year (*yeah*)  All I have to say is S, I hope you’re okay S.*

About the cover: Not sure what all the symbols mean, but suspect they might be Lorien numbers.  I like the cover, the contrast of dark and light colors and the lettering.

Have you read the Lorien Legacies series?  Did you watch the I Am Number Four movie? 

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...