Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #15


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which we feature all the book goodness that we received, borrowed or purchased during the previous week. All links are to Goodreads.

What a week!  I sure I'm glad is almost over (I just have to survive today :) I won't bore you with the details, but lets say it involves a flat tire while going home at rush hour on 295, being stuck in traffic due to the Grand Prix (in Baltimore this weekend), an infection and an adverse reaction to the antibiotics to cure said infection.  Anyway!  It was also my birthday and I had a good time that day.

I didn't buy a lot of books this week because I'm planning on attending the Baltimore Book Festival (September 28-30) and the National Book Festival (in DC, September 22-23) and I need to save my money for that.


Library

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong - I love Ms. Armstrong's Darkest Powers series and really enjoy The Gathering, can't wait to listen to this book :)

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore - This books needs no introduction or explanation, right?

Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti - Looks like a romantic sort of book...


Purchased (or Free) for Kindle

Wings of Shadow by Anna Kyss - I believe this book was free for Kindle, I just fell in love with the cover.

Trouble in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon - This book sounds like so much fun!

Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller - I've heard good things about this one.



Purchased (Physical Books)

Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction edited by Carrie Ryan - This is an anthology from fabulous authors, like Richelle Meade, Lisa McMann, Laini Taylor, Meg Cabot and more.  Is bound to be amazing!

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis - Can't resist a fairy tale re-telling or that beautiful cover.


I also received a beautiful Vera Bradley messenger bag and matching lunch box from hubby and kids.

What is stacking your shelves this week?

Please remember to enter the "Back to the Books" Giveaway 

16 comments:

  1. awesome books! I really want to read Inbetween and Keep Holding On!
    those two books have been on my wish list for the longest time!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had quite a busy week! But it's almost over now, thank goodness :)
    Keep Holding On is on my wishlist as well - I hope you'll like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read Keep Holding On for SO LONG! Awesome haul! LOVE those bags ;)

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. great haul! I am currently reading Bitterblue, and I must say I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaah you got Bitterblue :D It's one of my favorite book this year ! I think I loved it even more than Graceling :p !!!
    I bought Foretold this week too :). I can't wait to read Richelle Mead's novella I've been waiting to read something about Rose and Dimitri since I finished Last Sacrifice when it came out :). I'm so excited !
    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than Graceling? That's hard to imagine :)

      Delete
  6. Enchanted was awesome. I hope you really enjoy your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! You got some great books!
    Happy reading!

    my STS =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want Foretold! I've been desperate for more Rose and Dimitri since I finished the Vampire Academy series!

    Hope you enjoy your books.
    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bitterblue and The Calling are GREAT! What an awesome list. :-)

    Also? Those Vera Bradley bags are totally adorable.

    Happy reading :-)

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay so many awesome books!! I hope you enjoy everything!

    Check out our Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep Holding On seems like a good book. I really like the spines of all of Susane's novels! I recently read Graceling and it was amazing. I'm so excited to read Fire & Bitterblue. :D

    I hope you enjoy your books!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do want to read Bitterblue - but I think it will have to be a library job, as I've not heard the best reviews for it! Inbetween is supposed to be good, and I'm really excited for Enchanted!

    Looks like you had a good week!

    My haul this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Enchanted in my TBR pile. Sounds so great! :) Hope you enjoy all of your awesome reads. And that messenger bag and lunch pail are so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enchanted looks pretty, so do your bags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep Holding On is a lovely book, and Inbetween is amazing! I hope you enjoy them! :D

    My StS!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...