Monday, October 22, 2012

Top Ten Books to Get in the Halloween Spirit


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

I really don't like horror movies or books, but here are some great books /series to get you in the mood for Halloween:

1.   The Mostrumologist by Rick Yancey - I am right now listening to The Isle of Blood, book #3 of this series, and just like wine, these books get better and better with time.  The writing is just amazing, but be warned that it is not for the weak of heart. 

2.   Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura) by Jonathan Maberry - This is a series about zombies and it is SO good.  Not for younger readers, but it's still an amazing series. 

3.   Croak by Gina Damico - This series is both creepy and funny.  

4.   Soul Screamer series by Rachel Vincent - Banshees, reapers, demons, and all sort of supernatural beings can be found in this series, another awesome reading experience. 

5.   Clarity by Kim Harrington - If you like mystery, but monsters are not for you, give this series a try.  It does have a paranormal take, but it is more about the mystery than anything else. 

6.   Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann - Creepy and fascinating... loved this one.

7.   Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong - Necromancers, werewolves, witches and warlocks, this series has it all AND mad scientists as well.  Really good series, and the predecessors of Armstrong's Darkest Rising (The Gatherint) series. 

8.   Soulless by Gail Carriger - This is an amazing book!  I'm sad to say that I haven't been able to pick up the rest of the series yet, but I absolutely loved this one.  It has mad scientists too, and werewolves and vampires too. 

9.   Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce - A dark re-telling of the Red Riding Hood series.

10. Southern Vampires (Sookie Stackhouse) series by Charlaine Harris - If you follow HBO's True Blood, they you should pick up these books.  They are different (and in my opinion) better than the series, the last book (#13) will be published next May. 

Others to consider Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris, Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. 

What is in your top ten books for Halloween? 

4 comments:

  1. Got Croak on my list too. Great list! :)

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I've actually only read The Sookie Stackhouse series, which I love. But I def see some others worth reading!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-get-me-in-mooood.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book of the Stookie Stackhouse series but never continued with it, I'll have to change that though! I really want to read the Benny Imura series too, it sounds like the kind of zombie book I'd really enjoy. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I really liked Rot & Ruin - actually just finished reading it. A few of the others are on my reading list, and will hopefully get to soon. Awesome list :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...