Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
I'm going to try to limit myself to my Top Ten favorite contemporary young adult books, but I'm making no promises.
1. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors, I'll read anything she writes; but this book remains my favorite.
2. Breathe by Abbi Glines - Breathe has one of my favorite YA couples of all time; a perfect romance :)
3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - This book is pure poetry and lyrics in motion. It's emotive, bittersweet, and so especial.
4. Guitar Notes by Mary Amato - This is a recent read for me and I adore the writing style and also Tripp's personality and the way his friendship with Lyla develops.
5. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - This book is quirky and oh, so funny! I love this one :)
6. Easy by Tammara Webber - Easy is an amazing book. The characters are incredible, the plot amazing and the romance to die for!
7. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - One of my favorite books so far this year, Pushing the Limits has amazing characters that have to deal with a lot, at a very young age and grow with each's other help.
8. Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday - This series is so funny, full of mystery, technology, the ins and outs of life in high school and some amazing characters too!
9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Another favorite this year is John Green's masterpiece. This book is hard to describe for me because is that good.
10. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles - This series is another great read. Again, amazing characters overcome so much and learn to do so with the help of a really beautiful relationship.
Other books in this list (told you I couldn't stop at 10!) are: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols, Willow by Julia Hoban, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, and Wish I Could Have Said Goodbye by Sari Brady.
What is in your Top Ten this week? Have you read any of these? What are your favorite contemporary books?