Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Title:  Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Dutton
Release on: September 17th, 2013

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.
Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.

Why I want to read it:  I would read absolutely anything by Stephanie Perkins.  That should be reason enough, right?  I you  haven't read Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door you are missing two amazing YA contemporary romances.  When I saw the cover I was a little put off since it is every different to her previous books.  Then I saw this:


I won't say that I like these better, but I understand the reason for the cover changes, you can read all about it on Stephanie's website

What do you think about the covers?  What are you waiting for this week?





8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books yet, but with the recent cover changes I'm kind of glad because that's one of my biggest pet peeves! I don't know which set of covers I like better, but I'll admit that these are cute and would reach an entire new demographic!

    Anyway, it sounds like a cute read and I hope it lives to your expectations :)

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give Anna a chance because it is a really good story!

      Delete
  2. I loved both Anna and Lola and now I can't wait for Isla. Although I kinda like the new covers better for some reason... But the guy on Lola's old cover was pretty much how I imagined Cricket to look like! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book will be amazing, I'm sure! I guess now I have a good excuse to buy books with matching covers :)

      Delete
  3. I loved both Anna and Lola and I'll be very, very excited to read Isla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new covers, but I liked the original ones too. I loved Anna and Lola, and I can't wait to read Isla.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick!!! I picked this as my WoW this week as well!!!! I'm so excited for Isla!!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After! It look so good :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...