Thursday, May 23, 2013

Guest Post/ Interview with 'B': The Creature From the Seventh Grade: Boy or Beast by Bob Balaban

Title: The Creature from the Seventh Grade: Boy or Beast by Bob Balaban
Published: September 13, 2012 by Viking
Source: Purchased
Format: Hardcover
Group age: Middle grade
Genre: Paranormal (?)


From award-winning actor-writer-producer-director Bob Balaban comes a hilarious new series, perfect for fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
If popularity were a score between one and ten, Charlie Drinkwater would be a zero. He's nerdy and unathletic, and to top it all off, he's suddenly morphed into a giant mutant sea creature sometime between first-period science class and third-period English.
Now Charlie's two best friends are treating him like a science project, there's a petition to get him kicked out of school, the cool kids are recruiting him for their clique, and for some reason his parents are acting like everything is perfectly normal. What's a slimy, scaly, seventh-grade creature to do?

In case you don’t know “B” is my middle son (I have three boys whose names start with A, B, and C); “B” is currently 12 and loves to read, the apple didn't fall that far from the tree in this case : ) However, he doesn't like to write, so I decided to interview him instead.  Enjoy!  

Can you give me a short description of what this book is about?  Try to not include spoilers!

The story is about a boy that had a monster grandmother and when he hits puberty, his family is waiting to see if he will turn into one as well.  Throughout the book he tries to make adjustments as his body changes.

Did you like the book? Why or why not?
Heck yes!  I liked it because the author makes the characters so real and it’s like he really remembers what it’s like being in middle school.

How long did it take you to read it?
I took me a while, because I read it when I could for about 30 minutes at a time.

Would you recommend this book to others?
Yes, because it’s really good.

What was your favorite thing about the book?
I love the characters and how the writing is contemporary, using slang and everything.

What was your least favorite thing about the book?
There’s nothing really bad about it.





No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...