Saturday, July 20, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 13

The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by Good Books and Good Wine

Day 13: Describe One Underappreciated Book EVERYONE should read

I am very easy to scare and as a rule I don't watch horror or read this genre either, but I have to recommend this book to everyone:

The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey is an incredibly good series, you can read my reviews of by clicking on the title of each book of the series (below). 

I first because interested in the series because I read author extraordinaire Maggie Stiefvater review in Goodreads. I picked it up in audio book format from my library and was transformed to a different world that was cruel, scary, gross and oh, so good. I think that what makes this a must read for me is Yancey's outstanding writing that is packed full of simile, metaphor that makes everything come to life; and the characterization and interaction between said characters. 

I know that Rick Yancey is a household name after the publication of The 5th Wave (which I haven't read yet).  I have high hopes for the book, but I'm honestly scared that it won't be as good as this awesome series. 

Books in the series:

The Monstrumologist
The Curse of the Wendigo
The Isle of Blood
The Final Descent (to be published in September)

What is your recommendation?

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...