Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
1. Horror - For the most part I'm a coward about horror movies and most books.
2. Religious - By this I mean the 'preachy' kind of book.
3. Abuse - I have read books in which abuse is present, BUT I don't like to read extensive descriptions about the how, it makes me really uncomfortable.
4. Incest - For the same reasons as number 3.
5. Non-fiction and biographies - Not my cup of tea.
6. Love triangles - I think I've been burned by these too many times. I treat these with caution and usually wait until some of my blogger friends have read them before I attempt it.
7. Mermaids - I'm sorry to report that I haven't read a single mermaid book that I've liked before. Please recommend something that will make me change my mind!
8. Erotica - I love romance YA, NA and adult, BUT I don't like to read erotica, it just doesn't add significance to the story.
9. Real War - Like a history kind of thing. My hubby loves to see documentaries about any war, and believe, I've seen plenty, but I'm not to crazy about reading them.
10. Romance with 'Older' Characters - I have nothing against it and I've read books in which the topic comes up for some of the characters, but if the book is just about people in their 60s and 70s falling in love, I'm not too thrilled about it, especially if there is cheating involved.
As you know these are my opinions! I will try to give books (and movies) a chance and I have read books before that I thought I wouldn't like. Feel free to make any recommendations that might change my mind :)
What is in your Top Ten this week?