Sunday, August 18, 2013

A to Z Survey

I found this feature and survey in Jamie’s blog The Perpetual Page Turner and I thought if is a really fun idea.  Here are my answers to the A to Z Survey:


Author you’ve read the most books from:
Well, according to Goodreads is Julia Quinn.  The YA author I’ve read more books from is Rachel Caine.

Best Sequel Ever:
Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, overall one of the best series I’ve ever read. EVER.

Currently Reading:
The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts, I know it’s not YA, I just need a little romance once in a while :)

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water (boring!)

E-reader or Physical Book?
This is a hard one.  I can read in any format, physical, eBook or audio book.  If I had to choose it will be a physical book though.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
One of the Merrick brothers from Brigid Kemmerer’s Elemental series.  Seriously, just give me any of them!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Hidden Gem Book:
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. Very Austen like, which I'm a big fan of.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Reading Twilight and thus, rediscovering the young adult genre.  This happened when my hubby was in Iraq and it helped me cope with a very difficult time.

Just Finished:
Awaken by Meg Cabot

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Hmm… Never say never, but I don’t like erotica, horror, or non-fiction.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Don Quixote by Miguel the Cervanted Saavedra (in Spanish, around 1,023 pages).  Longest YA book is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (759 pages).

Major book hangover because of:
I don't drink, but I take it to mean that it caused me a headache, I guess That was Then, This is Now by S.E. Hinton.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
I have 4 tall bookcases (and running out of room again!)

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – I've read it three times.

Preferred Place To Read:
I can read anywhere, but my favorite place is in the cause of my living room.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
“I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” From John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars.  I can seriously cover several pages with quotes of this book.

Reading Regret:
I regret not re-discovering YA until I stumbled upon Harry Potter and Twilight, so much time lost :(

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
Oh my goodness!  I can also fill a page full of these (I know, I know, I’m awful!)  I need to finish the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Just One Day by Gayle Forman, Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
There are too many authors that I can list here… I think that Sarah Maas is one of my favorite at the moment, her Throne of Glass series is truly outstanding.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins ( I concur with Jamie on this one!)

Worst Bookish Habit:
Probably starting a book and then dropping it like a hot potato when I don’t like where the story is going or I get my hands on something that seems, (at least for a moment) better.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Diviners by Libba Bray (my shelves are alphabetized by author)

Your latest book purchase:
Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Front and Center by Catherine Murdock Gilbert 

This was so much fun!

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...