Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: My Date from Hell by Tellulah Darling (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #2)

Title: My Date from Hell by Tellulah Darling
Published: October 31st, 2013 by Te Da Media
Source: ARC provided by the author for review
Format: eBook
Genre: Paranormal | Mythology | Romance
Age group: Young adult
Challenge(s):
Grade rate: B+

Sophie Bloom’s junior year has been a bit of a train wreck. After the world’s greatest kiss re-awakened Sophie’s true identity as Persephone (Goddess of Spring and Savior of Humanity), she fought her dragon-lady guidance counselor to the death, navigated mean girl Bethany’s bitchy troublemaking, and dealt with the betrayal of her backstabbing ex, Kai (sexy Prince of Darkness). You’d think a girl could catch a break. Yeah, right. With Zeus stepping things up, it’s vital that Sophie retrieve Persephone’s memories and discover the location of the ritual to stop Zeus and Hades. So when Aphrodite strikes a deal that can unlock Sophie’s pre-mortal past, what choice does the teen goddess have but to accept? The mission: stop media mogul Hermes from turning Bethany into a global mega-celebrity. The catch? Aphrodite partners Sophie and Kai to work together … and treat this suicide mission as a date. Which could work out for Sophie’s plan to force Kai to admit his feelings for her–if she doesn’t kill him first. Add to that the fact that BFF Theo’s love life and other BFF Hannah’s actual life are in Sophie’s hands, and suddenly being a teenager—even a godlike one—seems a bit like … well, hell. Whatever happened to dinner and a movie? The YA romantic comedy/Greek mythology fireworks continue to fly in My Date From Hell. Love meets comedy with a whole lot of sass in book two of this teen fantasy romance series. Breaking up is easy; dating is deadly. 
My Review

What a ride!  My Date from Hell is action packed, unpredictable and, oh so funny!

I missed Sophie and her snarkyness (yes, I know it’s not a word!).  Our heroine is trying to stay alive, recover her Persephone memories, save her friends, the rest of humanity, all while trying to have a date with Kai.  Sophie is a mix of the old and the new, trying to come together to form a special person that’s full of power and that, above all, tries to do the right thing.  She’s fiercely loyal and in My Date from Hell, that loyalty is tested time and time again.

We have Kai back, in all his tattooed glory and he’s going all out to make Sophie fall in love with him.  He can be sweet when he wants to.  We have to remember that he lost the love of his life in Persephone and it’s trying to reconcile the past with his present. This couple is so much fun together. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Theo and Hannah are trying to help Sophie and keep her safe.  We meet new characters in this installment, some good and some not so good.  I really liked Festos and Pierce, I think they add something to the story and they are definitely in Sophie’s team.

The Blooming Goddess series is so much fun to read.  These characters and full of faults, but also full of life and uniqueness.  The plot, as I said before, is full of action and also very fast paced.  The writing is so funny, sarcastic, and also full of self- discovery and felling. 

What an ending!  It is quite the cliffhanger, surprising and unforeseen, all rolled into one. I fervently hope that Kai comes back to his senses and that something awful happens to Felicia and Bethany (after all, fair is fair and karma is a b*#%^).  I don’t have to tell you that I’m looking forward to My Life from Hell, the conclusion of the trilogy, which will be published sometime next year.


Overall, My Date from Hell is a fast paced adventure, full of twists and turns and characters all and new.  Funny and entertaining :)

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...