Thursday, November 14, 2013

B’s Review: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #8)

Title: Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
Published: November 5th, 2013 by Amulet Books
Source: Purchased
Format: Hardcover
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Group age: Middle grade
Reviewer: B (my 13 year old)
Grate rate: A++

Greg Heffley and his family and friends are back in Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 8, the latest installment in the #1 bestselling series by Jeff Kinney and one of the most anticipated books of 2013. A global phenomenon, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series has more than 85 million books in print around the world. Greg Heffley's on a losing streak. His best friend, Rowley Jefferson, has ditched him, and finding new friends in middle school is proving to be a tough task. To change his fortunes, Greg decides to take a leap of faith and turn his decisions over to chance. Will a roll of the dice turn things around, or is Greg's life destined to be just another hard-luck story?

B’s Review

I love the Wimpy Kid series and I have been waiting for this book for a long time! It was well worth the wait!

Hard Luck started where The Third Wheel ended.  Greg is upset with Rowley because he thought that he will get a girlfriend before he did.  There are no new characters in the book and the existing ones are pretty much the same.  My favorite character is Greg because he always gets himself in silly situations that are so funny, especially how he gets out of them.

The book is well written, the mood is chill. The plot is simple but not boring.  As always Kinney’s books are very funny.  Hard Luck was a very fast read.  I’m not sure if there will be a ninth book, but I hope so.  I also hope that my little brother starts reading it soon.




B is 13 years old.  He is in 8th grade and loves to read, play X-Box and play with his little brother. His favorite books are manga, the Wimpy Kids series, the False Memory series, and the Origami Yoda series.

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...