Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis (Not a Drop to Drink #2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Title: In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
Published by: Katherine Tegen Books
Release date: September 23rd, 2014

The only thing bigger than the world is fear.Lucy’s life by the pond has always been full. She has water and friends, laughter and the love of her adoptive mother, Lynn, who has made sure that Lucy’s childhood was very different from her own. Yet it seems Lucy’s future is settled already—a house, a man, children, and a water source—and anything beyond their life by the pond is beyond reach.When disease burns through their community, the once life-saving water of the pond might be the source of what’s killing them now. Rumors of desalinization plants in California have lingered in Lynn’s mind, and the prospect of a “normal” life for Lucy sets the two of them on an epic journey west to face new dangers: hunger, mountains, deserts, betrayal, and the perils of a world so vast that Lucy fears she could be lost forever, only to disappear in a handful of dust.In this companion to Not a Drop to Drink, Mindy McGinnis thrillingly combines the heart-swelling hope of a journey, the challenges of establishing your own place in the world, and the gripping physical danger of nature in a futuristic frontier.

Why I want to read it: I loved Not a Drop to Drink (see my review here)!  Color me surprised, I didn't know it was the first of a series though.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the cover for it's sequel.  I can't wait to see what happens to Lucy and Lynn next :)

What are you waiting for this week?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so stoked to hear that there's a second one and that Lucy'll be narrating! I wasn't a huge fan of the first, but this one sounds awesome. :D

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a Drop to Drink has been on m list for awhile, but I haven't read it yet. Maybe I'd better get moving. Enjoy!
    Here's my pick...
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-feb-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I still need to start the first book but I hear the story's good.

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Not A Drop To Drink was perfect as a stand alone, so I was surprised by a sequel too. I'm excited to read this and see what happens next. I hope we both enjoy it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Not a Drop to Drink!! I've heard such good things about it, though, that I obviously need to. :) And this cover is just gorgeous. Great pick!

    My WoW!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea Not a Drop to Drink had a sequel until recently too. But *mental screaming* you chose the same book for your WoW as me! That's awesome :D I can't wait to see what happens with Lucy and Lynn. Especially since the last bit of NaDtD intrigued me very much.

    Skylar @Life of a Random

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...