Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: Clarity

Title: Clarity by Kim Harrington
Published: March 1st, 2001 by Scholastic Point
Source: Library

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.
And a curse.
When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

Review
This is a contemporary novel with a psychic twist.  Clare and her family have different abilities that make them a bit of outcasts in their hometown of Eastport.  I loved this story, and I love a strong female lead and Clare was definitely strong despite the treatment she received from others. 
There is the usual love triangle and in this case I have to say I belong to 'Team Justin'.  Although, just like Clare I had guessed some of the truth.  The novel flows really good, and makes everything easy to understand and follow.  The end was action packed and left me craving for more. 
I have to confess that I didn't know this was the first of a series, but I am glad that I get to visit with the folks of Eastport again (I just wish it was sooner!)  'Perception' the next installment is not due until March of next year.  You can check Ms. Harrington's website for more information.
About the cover:  It seems like this is the year of the awesome covers.  I absolutely adore this cover, the airiness and lightness of it is reminiscent of the sea.  The light colors, the intensity of Clare's blue stare, it just a wonderful thing!  Don't you agree?

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...