Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review: Insight by Diana Greenwood

Title:  Insight by Diana Greenwood
Published:  April 12, 2011
Source:  Won in GoodReads


Some secrets won't let you go.Elvira Witsil lives about as far away from civilization as you can get, in a remote corner of Wisconsin where nothing much ever happens. In a house crowded with her mother, her cantankerous grandmother, and her little sister, Jessie, Elvira feels forgotten and alone.Their house also contains numerous secrets, and Elvira's family holds their secrets closely. Secrets about the father that Jessie never knew, and that Elvira can't forget. Secrets about that day five years ago. And the one secret that Elvira can't quite understand: that Jessie sees things no one else can see.These secrets will lead Elvira and her family on a journey far away from home—on a journey toward redemption and healing—if she can just bring herself to believe.

Review
This is the first time I in a novel!  Believe I have entered many contests, but I finally won..  and what is even better, the book is dedicated to me and I also received a button and a bookmark!
I didn't know what to expect for this book, I think the synopsis doesn't describe very well what the book is about.  I am really happy that I won this novel, because I really liked it.  The story takes place in the 1940s and is told by Elvira.  Vira is a strong character, even though her short life has been anything but easy, she tells her story with a bright sense of humor that had me laughing out loud more than one.  
The relationship between all the members of the family is somewhat strained, but in the mend.  Elvira's determination is a force to be reckon with, and Jessie is ever-knowing and so sweet and mature for her age.  
This is a novel worth reading.  The cover is lovely too, and it represents a very important part of the plot.

No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...