Friday, February 17, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday

Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

This week's features are Evolet @ Beefcake & Babes and Aparajita @ Le Grande Codex and the questions is:

I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What's the most unique character name you've come across? 

 

Okay, so it took me a while to come up with some names because I was trying to not include any fantasy (like Karu from Daughter of Smoke and Bone), or dystopian (like Katniss from the Hunger Games) or steampunk  (Finley from The Girl in the Steel Corset) or fairy books (like Tamini from the Wings series.) 

I find strange the twins names, Cricket and Calliope from Stephanie Perkins’ Lola and the Boy Next Door.  Also, an unusual name for me (you have to understand that I was not born in the States either!) is Pellinore Warthop from The Mostrumologist by Rick Yancey.  Existence by Abbi Glines main characters are Pagan, Dank and Leif, I found all of these rather strange.  Schuyler from Melissa de la Cruz’s Blue Blood series is very rare and well as Dashiell from Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan. 

Well, that’s all I could think of.  How about you guys?

 Please enter my I Love YA Hop Giveaway here!

8 comments:

  1. All of the names you talk about quite unique, but pretty. I especially like Pagan. ;) I'm glad they don't have any weird neo-spelling!

    I'm an old follower.

    My FF <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Dashiell on my list today. As for Cricket - it's cute for a boy, but probably not so good for a grown man.
    Old follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pellinore is pretty weird. Is Cricket a nickname? If, so, then not so bad. LOL. thanks for stopping by, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose Cricket too!! I love that name for him because it fits him so well. Great choices! Hope you have a great Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great examples! I love Pellinore and Dashiell. First time I've ever seen those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cricket and Calliope are good choices! I remember when I first read Lola and saw the name Calliope it made me think of cantaloupe and a gazelle (I have no idea why on that last one haha), which made a very funny picture figure skating in glittered costumes!

    I love the name Dashiell and was thrilled to see it as Dash's full name in Dash & Lily - it's so memorable but not one of those awkward, odd, 'i'm-spelled-funny-just-because' names.

    Old follower!
    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine was from a paranormal, so may not count for question technically :)
    Brandi from Blkosiner's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, those are some great answers, I love Calliope. I think that's from Greek mythology if I have my mythos right. lol.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Don't forget to enter my DRAGONSWOOD GIVEAWAY!
    Follow Friday Hops!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G & H O P P I N G
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...