Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: The Goddess Hunt by Aimee Carter (Goddess Test #1.5)


Title: The Goddess Hunt by Aimee Carter
Published: March 1st, 2012 by Harlequin Teen
Source: Purchased
Format: eBook
Challenge(s): 2012 eBook Challenge
Grade rate: A

A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....

My Review

The Goddess Hunt is a short story that happens right after Kate leaves Henry for the first time to spend her six months apart from him.  As you might recall from the end of The Goddess Test, her plan is to go to Greece with James.  While in Greece she gets in the middle of a power struggle among gods that has been going on for over a thousand years. 

I love The Goddess Hunt, and let me count the ways:  1)it was short and sweet, 2)we get to see how gods think, how petty they are, and how long they can hold a grudge for (after all they live forever, right?).  3) It also shows a stronger, fearless Kate, with firm ideas of what is right and wrong, 4) we also learn how much Kate really doesn’t understand about the inner workings of the family she just inherited. AND 5) we get a bit of insight about Henry since some parts are told from his point of view.  I think this is what I liked the most, his pragmatic personality and his carefully concealed feelings (I assure you he has plenty!)

The Goddess Hunt is a short story that I really enjoyed (more than book #2 actually) and I hope we get to see more adventures like this in the next installments.  A must read for Aimee Carter’s fans.

About the cover: Gorgeous like all the covers in the series :)

Remember to enter Reading with ABC's Shower of Books Giveawayhere

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I'd better get started because I have the second book for review :S Great review! :D

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...