Everyone has different reading habits that might change over time. When I was in my teens I could study, do homework or read while music was playing or in front of the TV. Sadly, to say I lost my ability to do school related work under these conditions (and sometimes writing reviews with music is hard), but when it comes to reading I can pretty much read everywhere.
I do have my favorite reading spots, namely my living room couch and my bedroom, but when you work full time, go to school (almost over with the last class *jumps up and down*), and have a wonderful husband, and three gorgeous kids, you learn to adapt quickly. Believe, if I wanted peace and quite I will be up to the wee hours of the morning every night!
- I can read in front of the TV, as long as I'm not interested on what my kids or hubby is watching (sports and cartoons!).
- I can read during lunch at work, even if I get interrupted 20 times.
- I can read in the car while my hubby is driving, even if I had to take breaks to not get car sick.
- I can read at the book store while looking for new things to read (actually, "B" can read an entire manga book while I'm looking ;)
- I can listen to a book while driving, I'm glad I tried audio books and I listen to a new one every couple of weeks or so.
- Oh! And I read to "C" every night at bedtime.
How about you? Do you need absolute silence to read? Do you have a favorite place to read?
Please come celebrate Reading with ABC's first Blogiversary with me! Click here for the giveaways and remember to check often as I will post more giveaways throughout the month