Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Scorch by Gina Damico (Croak #2)


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
in which we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.


Title: Scorch by Gina Damico
Published by: Houghton Miffin Hartcourt
Release date: September 25, 2012

Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby is a teenage grim reaper with the bizarre ability to damn souls. That makes her pretty scary, even to fellow Grims. But after inadvertently transferring her ability to Zara, a murderous outlaw, Lex is a pariah in Croak, the little town she calls home. To escape the townspeople’s wrath, she and her friends embark on a wild road trip to DeMyse. Though this sparkling desert oasis is full of luxuries and amusements, it feels like a prison to Lex. Her best chance at escape would be to stop Zara once and for all—but how can she do that from DeMyse, where the Grims seem mysteriously oblivious to Zara’s killing spree?


Why I want to read it:  I just finished Croak and I loved it! I can't wait for book #2!  If you haven't read book #1 I highly recommended, it is an awesome paranormal read :)

There is still one giveaway open and you can enter to win a copy of City of Lost Souls here (international).  Good luck!


5 comments:

  1. I avoided reading the blurb because I have yet to get to Cloak, but I'm assuming it's a good read? ;P Haha.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Ellen said above, I totally avoided reading the summary since I haven't read Croak yet - but I'm really looking forward to reading it soon! It sounds like such a cool, fun book - and I follow Gina's blog and think she's hilarious and love her writing on there, so I can only imagine how well that translates to her novels. Great pick!

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read the first one!!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new series to me, but it sounds like a good one! Great pick!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Croak first, but I love this cover. Glad to know you enjoyed it.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-20-care-and.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...