Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Triumph by R. L. LaFevers (His Fair Assassin #2)


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we have the opportunity to let others know about books that we are eagerly waiting for.

Title: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Published by: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Release date: April 2nd, 2013

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.

Why I want to read it:  Grave Mercy was a really good book.  I am curious to know why Sybella is kind of crazy and unstable and what the convent sent her to do.  Also, I hope we might see Ismae and Duval too :)

What are you waiting for this week?

7 comments:

  1. darker cover , i wonder what will hapnn , gr8 wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. From looking at the cover, I never would have picked this one up, but I'm glad you shared it because after reading the description I think I might. It seems dark, but in a good way. Thanks for sharing! Here's My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the first book yesterday! and man it's thick but I'm looking forward on reading it ;) I'm totally digging the cover!

    My WoW pick

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Grave Mercy! I can't wait to learn more about Sybella - she was such a mysterious character in GM.

    My WoW pick this week is Alice in the Sky With Diamonds by Alice M. Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover! I still need to read the first in the series (I know the shame lol) but I think I am going to wait until this one is out so I can read them together =) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Grave Mercy! I've heard it's really good, so I plan on getting to it soon. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one I am looking forward to too! Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of the cover :(
    The cover of Grave Mercy was so beautiful and this one looks kind of cartoony...
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...