Monday, October 8, 2012

Top Ten Bookish Confessions


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

This week we get to choose a past Top Ten topic.  I selected this topic because I didn't get to share the first time around.  Here it goes, my Top Ten Bookish Confessions:

1.  I still miss Borders :(

2.  Sometimes I don't finish a book or don't finish a series - I have way to much to read to waste time with something I just can't get into. 

3.  When I go to sleep I keep replaying a book in my mind over and over.  As you can imagine, this sometimes gives me weird dreams or insomnia. 

4.  I always have a book with me. I  usually carry a physical book, my Kindle or, if all else fails, the Kindle app in my smartphone. I read in every spare second - during bus rides, waiting at the doctor's office, at lunch time - you name it!

5.  I read more than one book at a time. Typically I'm reading two books and listening to another one in my car.

6.  Most times I do judge a book by its cover.  I'm a cover snob...

7.  I don't like to dog ear pages or mark books in any way.  I use bookmarks, receipts or any other piece of paper to mark my place. 

8.  I have more books that I can ever read.  I get so excited for a 'new' book that I just have to buy RIGHT NOW, and then months go by without me having the time to read it.

9.  I let others borrow my books.  I really don't mind as long as it's returned in a good condition. 

10. I'm a compulsive book buyer.  I can't go to the mall and NOT stop at the bookstore. 

What is in your Top Ten this week?  

8 comments:

  1. I miss Borders too. :( Actually, I am with you on numbers 1-5. And numbers 8-9. Lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Borders too. Especially since there aren't any good book stores around here. That's when I bought my Kindle. Easy to get books now instead of taking a 45 min train ride into the city just to buy a book. Sad.

    I don't dog ear books. I can't. I don't even like to break the spine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't mark a book or disfigure it in anyway. It's so silly, but to me my books are seriously holy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely do numbers 3 and 6. I usually end up dreaming about whatever book I read before bed. Then I wake up wanting to start reading again immediately. I am a cover snob,too. If the cover isn't appealing then I usually don't buy the book.

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate seeing dog-eared pages and books with lots of markings inside them! If I haven't got a bookmark, I just remember the page number I stopped at. I am a cover snob, but I'm willing to ignore a terrible cover if I've heard the book is great. Brilliant list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I too ALWAYS have a book with me. I'm always reading multiple books at one time (got 10 started right now).

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm compulsive, too. It's hard on the wallet but oh so nice on the collection!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...