Today's Top Ten is a 'fill-in-the-blank' from several choices and I selected couples (the romantic in me was begging me to!). These are from books that I read this year. Here they are:
1. Marianne and Phillip from Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson - I raved about this book in my post on Monday, I just adore the Austen-like story and its amazing characters.
2. Echo and Noah from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - What I love most about this couple is that together they become whole, a better version of themselves. They get each other at a deeper level that it's had to understand.
3. Elder and Amy from A Million Suns by Beth Revis - Although I wasn't sure that these two were ever going to become a couple, they went through a lot and managed to get to the other side together. I can't wait to see what happens next!
4. Lyla and Tripp from Guitar Notes by Mary Amato - Lyla and Tripp are not a romantic couple (although I can wish and use my imagination, right?), but they are so attuned to each other and it reflects on the music they write together.
5. Deryn and Alek from Behemoth by Scott Westerfield - How I waited for this moment! Behemoth is the culmination of the Leviathan series and it was an amazing ride. I wish with all my heart that we could continue with the adventures of Deryn and Alek now that they are a couple (even if they are undercover :)
6. Meghan and Ash from Iron's Prophesy by Julie Kagawa - I may have cheated a little with this one, as Iron's Prophesy is a novella, but Ash and Meghan are one of my favorite couples of all time. Love them!
7. Ismae and Gavriel from Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers - What I like the most about this couple, is that Ismae deserved love after the type of life that she had before she met Gavriel. He is so patient, tender, and considerate with Ismae, that it's a pleasure to see read.
8. Kate and Henry from Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter - Poor Henry deserves his happy ending! Although, this one was not my favorite in the series (The Goddess Legacy was better), I can't help but wish that this couple makes it at the end. *fingers crossed*
9. Augustus and Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - What can I say? I don't want to give anything away for those of you who haven't read it yet (btw, where have you been?), but I do have to say that I adore this couple's innate understanding of each other and their ability on finding the positive while still dealing with a devastating disease.
10. Carmella and Howie from Wish I Could Have Said Goodbye by Shari A. Brady - Howie came to Carmella's life in the moment that she needed him the most and brought light to her darkness. Even if she made some terrible mistakes, I am positive that they can make it at the end.
What is in your Top Ten of 2012 today?