Friday, December 28, 2012

Top of 2012: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2013

Top 10 of 2012 is a meme hosted by these wonderful blogs: FiktshunA Life Bound by BooksConfessions of a BookaholicTwo Chicks of Books, andMagical Urban Fantasy Reads


Hello gorgeous people!  2013 promises to be an incredible year for YA.  My TBR list in Goodreads is overwhelming by now and I will probably never read that many books anyway, but a girl can only hope, right?

Here are some of the lovelies that I’m waiting for next year:

The Sequels:



1.  Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis – Finally!  The conclusion to the series, I can’t wait to see if they revive everyone from Earth, what the new planet looks like and if Amy and Elder end up happy and together :)

The names change between the UK and US editions

2.  Legacy (Wintercraft #3) by Jenna Burtenshaw – The fantasy series is a jewel to me, full of magic, traitors, fear and courage.  It has already been published in the UK, but sadly, not on the States, yet.

3.  Throne of Glass #2 (untitled) by Sara J. Maas – I’m dying to see what happens next with our heroine and her suitors and I can’t wait to see the king defeated. (No book cover yet)


4.  If I Should Die (Revenants #3) by Amy Plum – After that mean cliffhanger, it’s no wonder I cannot wait for the third book.  I routing for you Vincent!


5.  Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins – Book one was pure awesome!  I needed this one, like, yesterday.

The Stand Alone:


6. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – By the author of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy next door, this promises to be as good. (No book cover yet)


7.  The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen – I will read anything she writes. Anything.


8.  This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith – The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, was really good, I can’t wait to see what this Smith comes up with next.

New Series:



9.  Just One Day by Gayle Forman – I’ve already heard wonderful things about the lucky souls that received an ARC of this one.  Did you read If I Stay?  Did you love it?  Thought so.


10. Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger – If you’ve read Soulless (although I haven’t keept up with this adult series, it’s still amazing!), you know why I’m eagerly waiting for this one.  It should be epic!

And Because I Couldn’t Stop at Ten…

Beautiful cover, right?

Awaken (Abandon Trilogy #3) by Meg Cabot  - Underworld also ended in kind of a cliffhanger… finally we get to see John and Pierce happy (*crossing fingers*)

Divergent #3 (Untitled) by Veronica Roth – Although I haven’t read Insurgent yet, Divergent was outstanding, maybe I get to read both together next year :) (No book cover yet)

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson -  I finished book two last night and Oh, my!  Just, wow! (No book cover yet)


Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by R.L. LaFavers  - I loved Grave Mercy, and these kick-ass heroines are amazing, plus, I hope that we get to see a bit of Ismae and Gavriel.


Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods #7) by Melissa de la Cruz – Finally!  The conclusion of the Blue Bloods series!

Can I keep going?  I guess rules are rules (*pouting*)  

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I'm totally with you on Shades of Earth! I can't wait to read what happens next for Amy and Elder.

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...