To me, one of the big parts of my bookish life is my blog, so I added some of my blog related goals as well.
1. Don't buy as many books - I spend a lot of money on books. Not only do I have a lot of physical books (I now have four bookshelves!), but I also buy a lot of electronic books. The sad part is that I don't have time to read all of them, especially when so many new awesome books come along all the time.
2. Finish the series - Over the years I started a lot of series that I haven't finished yet (see my personal challenge here). Not only that, but many YA series end this year, such as Across the Universe, Divergent, Abandon, Blue Bloods, Unearthly, Wither, etc.
3. Read a few classics - I know that with the many books waiting on my shelves I probably will not have time to read many classics but I hope to at least read a few.
4. Get more audio books - I plan to listen to more books on CD and on my MP3 player.
5. Update my blog's design - I love my design, but it is a year old already, so I plan to contact the designer to make a few changes.
6. Go to more events - I went to BEA and to the DC Book festival last year and had a blast. I hope that I can go to more events and book signings this year.
7. Comment more and get involved in the community - Book bloggers are awesome people to know! I plan to visit more blogs and comment on their posts.
8. Keep my shelves organized - Hubby and I had to go to Ikea last week to get another Billy bookshelf, that makes a total of four. I organized all the YA books by author, but I still have to organize my adult books and of course keep it all in order!
9. Read review copies promptly - Because I hate to procrastinate and feel pressured to post something right away!
10. Post more discussions - I love to pose questions to my readers and get their input and of course share my own views.
On a personal note, hubby and I are trying to loose some weight, exercise more and eat healthier (so far, so good ;)
What are your bookish goals? Do we share any? How about personal goals?