Tuesday, July 9, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2

The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by Good Books and Good Wine


Day 2 - What's Your Bedtime Reading Ritual

I’m not sure I have a ritual.  Well, I do all the normal girly things and put on my PJs. I usually go to bed around 10:00 and get up for work and get the kids ready for school (thank God for summer!) between 4:30-5:00, so I always feel sleep deprived (that’s probably a topic for another day :). I also have issues with falling asleep, thus going to bed feels like a gamble to me; is today the day I will fall asleep in 10 minutes or in two hours?

I’m the type of person that can read more than one book at a time, so there is always a book on my nightstand (right now it’s The Crown of Midnight by Sarah Maas).  Do I always read in bed? No.  Life and TV shows interfere with that sometimes.  When I do read, I have to make myself stop.  I don’t always win that fight, for instance, I went to sleep after midnight on Sunday because I was reading Wait for You by J. Lynn and I couldn’t put it down. 

I have to say that on the weekends that hubby works, I read until really late.  It’s a combination of two things, I have the room and bed all to myself, and this means I can leave the light on for as long as I want, AND it’s the weekend and I don’t have to wake up early.


Your time to share: What is your bedtime reading ritual?

4 comments:

  1. The weekends are great. If the hubby isn't working I can stay up late as I want reading. He'll let me sleep in and get up with the kids. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends are definitely an opportunity to read longer than you might be able to on the weekdays. :)

    Michelle @ Playing Jokers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said about having the bed to yourself and the light stays on as long as you like. AMEN! Those are my fave times for night time reading. I got a special night light just so I can read in bed but now hubby always says its too bright and didn't he get me the tablet and e readers so I can play and read at night. I explain not ALL of my books are on a device so I need the light.
    I think it is a tad bright so I am looking into better lamps.
    Cant wait to see what your other posts are about! :)
    Scandalous Bedtime Reading Rituals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep as well. Reading helps but not always, unfortunately.

    I bet it feels great to not have to wake up at 4:30-5 (EEK!) on the weekends and get to stay up later reading :)

    My nighttime reading ritual.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...