Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish 
Hi there gorgeous people!  This Top Ten wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be when I first started; I guess there are a lot of unusual names in books ;)


1.  Akiva and Karou from the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor - These name are very pretty.  Karou means 'hope' in the chimera language.  This series is nothing short of amazing. 


2.  Peregrine and Aria from the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi - Perry is named after a bird and Aria due to her musical nature, unusual and beautiful names.


3.  Gansey from The Raven Boys series by Maggie Stiefvater - This isn't his true name, but I can't think of Gansey on any other way now.  Love him!


4.  Tana from The Coldest Girl in Goldtown by Holly Black - This is a really cool character from a pretty awesome book.


5.  Amaryllis and Phin from Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore - Phin is short for something, but I can't remember the whole name now. I think these sisters are both named after flowers.  The family is very unusual and unique to say the least, so the names have to be the same way :)


6.  Caymen and Xander from The Distance Between Us by Kasie West - Caymen is a strange name for sure; Xander is short for Alexander.


7.  Celeana and Chaol from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas - Another beautiful series for sure!  It's full of unusual names, although I imagine Celeana sounds like Selena. What do you think?


8.  Sybella from Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers - Pretty name for an assassin, right?


9.  Saba, DeMalo, and Lugh from the Dust Lands series by Moira Young - Another dystopian full of strange names (not necessarily pretty either)


10. Pellinore Warthorpe from the Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey - Pellinore is very weird (just like the man!)

Technically, there are more than ten here, but most of these turned out to be characters from the same book, so it's the same difference, right?

What's in your Top Ten this week?  Have you read any of these?

5 comments:

  1. Sybella, Chaol & Celaena are my favorites :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was *this close* to putting Sybella on my list. How could you not with a couple like Sybella and Beast, right? Great list!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tana, Peregrine, Aria and Karou! They're unusual, but at the same time not TOO unusual. Great list!
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the names Gansey and Peregrine too! Peregrine reminds me a little (or a lot) of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs but the name is still so unique. Thanks for sharing and awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karou is on a lot of people's lists, including mine. :) Love the name Celeana and can't wait to read Throne of Glass.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...