Thursday, December 12, 2013

Review: Trust in Me by J. Lynn (Wait for Me #1.5)

Title: Trust in Me by J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout)
Published: October 22nd, 2013 by William Morrow Impulse
Source: Purchased for Kindle
Format: eBook
Genre: Contemporary romance
Age group: New adult
Grade rate: A+

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life – literally – he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam’s not ready to give up. He can’t get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head. Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?

My Review

It is no secret that I loved Wait for Me, thus I couldn’t wait to read the same story from Cam’s point of view. I couldn’t imagine this story getting any better, but it did!

Since I wrote a full review for Wait for Me, I won’t go into the same details, but rather, let me tell you what I loved about Trust in MeCam’s mind is a much comfortable place to be.  Don’t get me wrong, I understand Avery’s angst, self-doubt, and mistrust, but by contrast, Cam is just the opposite (opposites attract, right).  While reading the first book and thought that Cam must have the patience of a saint, and indeed he does!  Cam’s a guy.  What do I mean by that?  Well, he has a one-track mind (you get my meaning).

In Trust in Me we get to see the whole study (minus Avery’s angst as I mentioned before), plus what goes on with Cam when the two are not together.  It also gives the reader a chance to get better acquainted with Cam’s friends, Oliver and Jase, as well as with Cam’s family, especially his sister.  I also like that he’s not afraid to talk about feelings and confronts his rage to try to keep it under control.


As always, the fabulous Jennifer Armentrout cannot help but to write an amazing story.  I love her writing style, it’s straightforward and beautiful at the same time.  I really hope you give this story a try because it’s wonderful! 

Do your read new adult? Why or why not? Are you a fan or Armentrout? Have you read either of these books?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Jennifer's NA series yet, but I've read her Covenant series and Adult UF series and I loved both! I've been meaning to read Wait for Me, but there seems to be too much angst for me, haha. Great review though! Cam sounds cool. (One track mind, indeed, hahaha!) Think I'll check this out sometime soon. :) Glad you loved it as much as her other books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've read more than me, that's for sure. I hope you give it a try and that you love it :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...