Friday, December 27, 2013

Top 10 Books We've Looking Forward to in 2014

Top 10 of 2013 is hosted by a group of fabulous bloggers and you can find more information here

Liza’s List
From endings to amazing series to the beginning of new one and promising standalones, 2014 promises to be another incredible year for YA (and MG/NA!).  These are the ones that I’m most eagerly waiting for (of course, not including Arianne’s list too!):

10.  Take Me On by Katie McGarry (no cover)
Crash Into You, the last book in the Pushing the Limits series was absolutely amazing, I can’t wait to see what else is in store for us.
Expected publication: May 20th, 2014


9.   Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
I adore Stiefvater’s Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and even though I never came to love Isabelle, I’m willing to give her a change (besides I do like Cole!)
Expected publication: July 1st, 2014


8.   Be with Me by J. Lynn
If you read Wait for You, you don’t need further explanation, do you?
Expected publication: February 4th, 2014


7.   The Warrior by Victoria Scott
Dante *sigh*
Expected publication: May 6th, 2014



6.   Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour was such an amazing book!  I can’t wait to see what Matson comes up with next.
Expected publication: May 6th, 2014


5.  The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder
Another amazing author, The Probability of Miracles was such a beautiful and heartbreaking story.
Expected publication: April 10th, 2014


4.   Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins
The conclusion of the Sweet Evil series promises to be fast paced and all around awesome. Go Kai!
Expected publication: April 29th, 2014


3.  On the Fence by Kasie West
This book sounds like so much fun!  I love The Distance Between Us, and this one sounds even better (if that’s possible!)
Expected publication: July 1st, 2014

2.   Rebel Nation by Shaunta Grimes
Viral Nation was an outstanding dystopian and I’m eager to know what comes next for the Freaks :)
Expected publication: July 1st, 2014


1.   Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
One of the best series EVER!  The conclusion of the Daughter of Smoke & Bone is nothing short of EPIC!!!
Expected publication: April 8th, 2014

Other amazing books (no covers or titles!):

Throne of Glass #3 by Sarah Maas
Raven Boys #3 by Maggie Stiefvater
Penyn & the End of Days #3 by Susan Ee

Arianne’s List

If 2014 has its way with me, I'll be doing nothing but reading for the entire year! Have any of your to-reads made this list? Let us know in the comments and share the love!


10. 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen
This looks like such a cute story! It's not published until mid-2014, but I may or may not have my eye on an ARC to be read before the year is out... (Thank you, Rachael Allen!)
Expected publication: June 17th 2014


9. The Swift Boys & Me by Kody Keplinger
Kody Keplinger has to be one of the most prolific young adult authors around! She has not one but two books releasing in 2014, and I for one am completely hooked on the wait for both!
Expected publication: May 27th 2014


 8.  Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Stephanie Perkins is an amazing author - I haven't stopped hearing good things about Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door since they were published! I can't wait for this one.

 7. The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan (no cover)
After two series, two movies and countless of gory monster deaths, it looks like the quests of Percy Jackson will finally be over in 2014. I don't know whether to be relieved and excited or devastated and heartbroken!
Expected publication: October 7th 2014


6. Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
This book has such an unusual premise (it's like Freaky Friday but more rational and way cooler) that I was immediately intrigued by it - and in an excellent turn of events, it's one of the earlier 2014 releases on the list as it's published in January!
Expected publication: January 7th 2014


5. Alienated by Melissa Landers
This has to be the quirkiest book on today's list - it's contemporary meets sci-fi with a little bit of romance mixed in, and I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Expected publication: February 4th 2014


4. Toxic Heart by Theo Lawrence
I had unexpected love for Theo Lawrence's series debut Mystic City, so I'm really looking forward to this sequel!
Expected publication: April 8th 2014


3. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
The conclusion to Tahereh Mafi's spellbinding debut series has been a long time coming. She's such an amazing writer - I just know I'm going to cry over this one.
Expected publication: February 4th 2014 by HarperCollins


I adored Jenny Han's Summer series - and if this standalone novel is even half as good it'll be worth the wait!
Expected publication: April 22nd 2014


1. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
I don't even have words to describe how amazing Jennifer E. Smith is. She never fails to enrapture me with her storytelling.  I've loved all of her books in one way or another and I just can't wait to read this one :)
Expected publication: April 15th 2014

 Arianne and I had such a wonderful time this week figuring out these posts for you!  Leave us some love in the comments and think back at what your Top 10 Books list for this year would look like :)

8 comments:

  1. It's crazy how many we have in common! I'm so excited for Take Me On, Sinner, The Warrior, Sweet Reckoning and of course Ignite Me. Warner! <3
    Be With Me is so amazing, and so is Alienated. In fact I think Alienated will be among my top 2014 debuts, I've read it twice already xD
    Awesome picks, you guys :)

    Come check out my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Be With Me! I wasn't crazy about Wait For You, but I am curious about Be With Me. I cannot wait to read Dreams of Gods and Monsters! I have not read book two yet, but I plan on binge-reading books two and three :D I have Alienated! You'll want that one - trust me! :)

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many of these on my TBR list too haha. There seems be a lot of cute contemporary reads coming out! I'm so excited for On the Fence and Since You've Been Gone! I'm also so glad that Being Sloane Jacobs is coming out soon! Great list ladies! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Top Ten anticipated books at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know that Shaunta Grimes was coming out with a sequel for her book. That's awesome to know. I see that you also picked the Laini Taylor book. That series is phenomal. Great list.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Viral City has a sequel. I agree, Taylor's series is just pure awesomeness!

      Delete
  5. Yep, I was surprised too, but I always thought the the ending was too open.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...