Friday, May 11, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday


Feature and Follow Friday is an awesome blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

This week's features are @ The Fake Steph.com and @ Books Galore this week's question is:

This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day. In celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?


This is a hard question because a lot of times we see mother/child relationships that are terrible.  A good relationship that I can think about is the one between Anne and her adoptive mother Patti in Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (review is schedule for tomorrow).  They have complete love, trust and respect for each other, even if Patti is a little overprotective :)

Another one that comes to mind is the one between Kate and her mother in the Goddess Test series by Aimée Carter.  Kate's mother was sick and it is amazing the dedication and selflessness that this created in Kate's life; it made her a stronger person.

The last two that I will mention are the relationship between Hazel and her mom (and her dad for that matter) in The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and the one between Cam and her mom (and grandmother!) in The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder.  What can I say?  These are mothers that will do anything for their sick children.

I guess the question wasn't that hard after all!  I can even think of some more now...

What is in your FF this week?

Please come celebrate Reading with ABC's first Blogiversary with me!  Click here for the giveaways and remember to check often as I will post more giveaways throughout the month. 


6 comments:

  1. I ended up with Kate and her Mom from The Goddess Test on my post as well! Definitely agree!

    Though, I haven't read the other books, I've heard loads of good things (especially this week) about The Fault in Our Stars!

    Happy Friday!

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove Hazel's relationship with both her parents and I'm dying to read Sweet Evil. Can't wait to read your review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read your review of Sweet Evil! I haven't read it yet and I really want too. I hope you'll drop by and see who I picked this week. :)

    old follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitley agree with the relationship between Patti and Anna. The others I haven't read yet, but they're on my to-read list. Great answer. :)

    My TGIF/Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You thought of quite a few there :). I have just started Sweet Evil. I'm looking forward to it. I definitely agree with you about The Fault in Our Stars. I love that book!

    New Follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Sweet Evil!
    Happy Weekend :)

    Old email follower (chidoryx at hotmail)

    The Muggle
    Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...