Saturday, May 12, 2012

Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (Sweet Trilogy #1)


Title: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Published: May 1st, 2012 by Harper Teen
Source:  Won from Goodreads
Format: ARC
Challenge(s): 2012 Debut Author
Grade rate: A+

What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences?  This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

My Review

I was fortunate enough to win an ARC of Sweet Evil from Goodread’s First Reads and I was so excited to see it arrive at my door that I started reading it right away. Oh, my goodness, this book is awesome!

I love the characters!  Anna is good to the core, courageous, innocent, loyal, loving and more.   She is accepting of her own abilities and quite happy to understand the reasons that she is the way she is.  Kaidan is one of my favorite male characters of all time!

Patti, Anna’s father, Kaidan’s friends… the characters make a wonderful story come to life.   The story line: angels, nephilim, and demons are not new, but Higgins’s take on it is excellent.  She creates a world in which rules are clear cut and everyone knows their place in it.  Although there is a lot of world building in the book, there is plenty of action and interactions that made Sweet Evil a quick read. 

The writing was amazingly easy to read and straightforward and the story was well paced.   This is such a beautiful, romantic story, I cannot wait for the next book to see what is in store for Anna and Kaidan.

My favorite quote:

“A vibrant energy rushed through my body as the pieces slammed into place. Oh, dear Lord. I was in love with him.  And there wasn’t a thing on earth, in heaven, or in hell that could have stopped me.”

About the cover:  Beautiful, right?  The play of light and dark, good and bad and the contrast of the bright red are all amazing.


Please come celebrate Reading with ABC's first Blogiversary with me!  Click here for the giveaways and remember to check often as I will post more giveaways throughout the month. 


6 comments:

  1. Great review! I definately have to add this to my e-reader soon. LOVE the quote you included in your review also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I want to read this badly, Liza ! I just can't wait to see Sweet Evil in our local bookstores. I've heard so many great things about it that I just can't seem to stop pining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. why has this book not appeared on my doorstep yet arg

    gr8 review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh I LOVED this book!! It's so amazing :D I really hope Harper picks up another one because I really need this series to continue!!!! :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Sweet Evil too! And I'm so glad you loved it as well! I am just craving for the sequel to come out right away!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about 50% done and enjoying it so far awesome review so glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...