Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Perception by Kim Harrington (Clarity #2)


Title: Perception by Kim Harrington
Published: March 1st, 2012 by Scholastic Point
Format: Hardback
Source: Library
Challenge(s): 
Grade rate: A

When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.

My Review

Perception is the highly awaited sequel to Kim Harrington’s Clarity (at least highly awaited by me!) Without a doubt I loved Clarity and Perception did not disappoint.

If you haven’t read Clarity, I recommend that you do, although you can probably understand the sequel without it.  Clare is a great protagonist, she is funny, witty, brave (even when she is afraid), loving and loyal.  She also comes from a psychic family that has different abilities and Clare’s is to be able to see images of the past when she touches an object. 

Clare’s family is great; they are very close to each other and really enjoy that.  Oh Justin!  I don’t know what happened to you in Perception!  Can I change teams now?  I am officially in team Gabriel now ;) I was disappointed in Justin, he claims to still be in love with Clare (and something I suspected in the previous book, was indeed the truth*hint, hint*), but he doesn’t understands her like Gabriel does.  Other characters old and now were well developed and creepy, odious, or ambivalent.

I love the storyline in this book!  The plot was so well crafted that I did not guess who the culprit was at all.  It seems like trouble is always looking for Clare, is a good thing she is so level headed, right?  Kim Harrington’s writing as easy to read, straight forward and well paced.  I love the humor that makes an appearance at the most unexpected places, interlaced with the mystery that underlines the plot.   I was ecstatic with the ending and I hope we have Clarity #3 soon!

About the cover:  I have to say that I liked the cover of Clarity better than this one, for some reason the airy summer feel (and I liked the model better, and for some reason I don’t think Clare has such long hair) worked better for me.  In Perception, we have Clare looking over her shoulder in the woods, which is very appropriate for the story.  


No comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...