Sorry guys, but I had a really busy day yesterday, and so I have to catch up now.
Day 7: Talk About Your Blogging Quirks
I write most posts in MS Word - Why? Because English is not my first language I use Word to help me out with checking my punctuation and grammar.
I proofread what I write - I do this several times before I post anything. Sometimes things make sense to me while I'm writing, but when I read it afterwards, not so much.
I always preview before I post - A few times before I publish. I'm not technically savvy, thus I try to do my best with the tools I have.
I try to keep my sidebars updated - Sometimes is hard, but I'm really obsessive about this.
I have to hit certain topics in a review - I have to write about the characters, plot, writing, overall feel of the book, what I liked and what I didn't like, and finally about the cover.
I always include the book cover in my reviews and other memes - I love book covers and love to display them in all their glory.
What are some of your blogging quirks?
Day 8: Quick! Write 15 Bullet Points of Things That Appeal to You on Blogs!
- Clean, uncluttered - I'm a visual person, if I like what I see I'm more likely to stay and to come back.
- No noises, music included - Drives me crazy and some times it even scares me
- No captcha - More often than not, I get these wrong and I loose interest in commenting.
- I love light colors - Don't know why, but I do.
- The background and font don't compete with each other - If I have to struggle to read it, I won't.
- Ways to follow are easy to find - It's frustating when these are not readily available
- Menus are prominently displayed - It makes the blog easy to navigate.
- Have great reviews - To me a great review is spoiler free and it's more about the experience and feelings that the reader experienced.
- Have variety - Discussion, personal posts, cover reveals, interviews, tours, etc.
- Great pictures, GIFs, Banners, etc. - I'm not artistic or particularly good at this, but I do like to see it in other blogs.
- Doesn't take a long time to load - I loose my patience really fast!
- A rating system - Sometimes finding how the blogger feels about the book is too hard.
- A unique voice - I like to read posts that are funny, quirky and different.
- Links to Goodreads - If I like the review for a book I want to be able to added to my TBR list without having to search for it directly in Goodreads.
What about you? What do you like to see in other blogs?