Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 End of Year Book Survey


Please see the post in The Perpetual Page-Turner for more information.


1.  Best Book You Read in 2011?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


2.  Most disappointing Book / Book you wish you loved more than you did?
As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott – I usually like Ms. Scott’s writing, but I just couldn’t get into the book.  It left me feeling confused and I didn’t like the feeling.

3.  Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Cryer’s Cross by Lisa McMann – I enjoyed her Wake series, but this book looked and sounded so creepy that I had my doubts.  I ended loving it!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Probably the Hunger Games Suzanne Collins and the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa.

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

The Benny Imura series by Jonathan Maberry.  This was my first exposure to zombies and I’ve read Rot & Ruin and Dust & Decay so far.  I cannot wait for the rest!

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Veronica Roth, author of Divergent, Amy Plum author of Die for Me, and Kiersten White author or Paranolmancy.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
 A Blue so Dark by Holly Schindler.  I usually shy away from very serious topics and I was hesitant about reading this book since it has to do with mental illness.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Divergent by Veronica Roth is one of the best books ever!

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater is the conclusion of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  I love her writing, although I still feel the ending was a bit too open.


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon.

11.  Most memorable character in 2011?

Ash (period) I love Ash from Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey series.  Also I really enjoyed Evie from Paranormalcy and Tris from Divergent.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

Green Angel and Green Witch by Alice Hoffman, although these books are not new I really enjoyed the way they are so beautifully written, almost like reading poetry.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa, I still think about it all the time (*sigh*)

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 
Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock, I am reading book #2 now.


15. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon.
16. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa – a certain person was part of the quest that was completely unexpected!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great list! I haven't read most of these books yet, though they are on my TBR lists. You know how those TBR piles can me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrier of the Mark was a great book rich in detail and description. I loved the characters and their interactions, top it with a great plot and story progression and I got carried away this this amazing new read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one and I will try to reply as soon as I can. Liza

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...